Sunday, November 19, 2006

Not getting the point of purchasing DVDs and CDs

All weekend I was sooooo (a ridiculous amount, really, almost pathetic-like) excited about watching Elf on the tube. Mind you though, I HAVE THE DVD!

So what makes watching a movie on a TV channel, listening to a song on a radio station, or watching a movie in a theater versus renting it more appealing?

I always wondered this. I’ll hurry home just to catch a movie that I already have on DVD. I’ll move the antennae of the radio to make the sound of a song just right, when all I really have to do is load up the actually CD.

I get the appeal of going to the theater to watch a movie instead of just renting it though. The experience at the theater, with the surround sound action and the gigantic screens lets you really get into the whole movie experience. It’s a whole lot better than watching it on my dinky TV, that’s for sure.

I think it’s pretty stupid that I get out of my way to hear or view something that I already have. We buy DVDs and CDs for convenience, so we can watch it wherever and whenever we want to. Obviously I’m not getting that. =P

I think I do what I do because of a sense of wanting to get the most out of it. I’ll watch and/or listen to movies and/or songs on TV or on the radio because it’s being provided to me; I feel as if I should take advantage of that. If I don’t watch Elf tonight (watching it now by the way) I’d feel cheated somehow. Stupid I know. It’s just one of the millions of idiosyncrasies that makes me feel like a butt every now and then.

And now, I’m going back to paying my full attention to Elf. Will Ferrell ROCKS!!!

No comments: