Monday, September 18, 2006

The Book Crossing Club

This is just a brief entry for all those book lovers like me. Rest assured paperbacks are still alive and kicking and will give those evil ebooks a run for their money!

Sometime last week, while getting some coffee in the breakroom of my company, to my pleasant surprise I came across an unclaimed book. I picked it up and read on the front that it is a BookCrossing book. When opening the book to the first page I found the message:

Howdy! Hola! Bonjour! Guten Tag!
I'm a very special book. You see, I'm traveling around the world making new friends. I hope I've met another friend in you. Please go to www.BookCrossing.com and enter my BCID number. You'll discover where I've been and who has read me, and can let them know I'm safe here in your hands. Then...READ and RELEASE me!
I think this idea is the niftiest thing and I just wanted to share. The book I found is Mr. Maybe by Jane Green. I've never heard of her but I'll crack the book open and give it a try.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

That is so cool. I wish I would have found a book like that. It is so mysterious and kind of makes me think of the "pay it forward" theory.

Zippy Nicole said...

i find this to be interesting and kinda cool . . it reminds me of a chain letter :)
you have found quite a discovery!